By joining the Minnesota Streetcar Museum your dues help preserve and restore our historic Minnesota streetcars, the maintenance and operations of our exhibit sites and railways, and the presentation of the heritage of Minnesota’s streetcar era to the general public. Your dues also helps support necessary administrative functions such as membership services, newsletter printing and mailing and essential financial operations. Please help us by joining the MSM. Membership is for a one-year or two-year period and expires on the last day of the month that you join, except for lifetime members.
With membership come privileges. Below are the various levels of MSM memberships.
All Members receive and are entitled to:
- Copies of our newsletter, the Streetcar Currents and Twin City Lines, our history magazine
on the electric railways of Minnesota (with some trains, boats and buses thrown in
- Unlimited free rides at both MSM demonstration railways
- Vote at the annual election (if you volunteer for at least 12 hours a year)
- Invitation to all members-only events
- Operate our historic streetcars after training
- $10 discount on streetcar charter — $20 discount if also an active volunteer
- Individual membership – (for one person)
- Annual Dues: $30.00 (1 year) $60.00 (2 years)
- Household membership – (for two people living in the same household and dependent children under age 18 or less).
- Annual Dues: $45.00 (1 year) $90.00 (2 years)
- Up to two votes if adult members volunteer twelve or more hours per calendar year each.
One-time dues payment: $500.00
- Lifetime unlimited free streetcar rides.
- Lifetime Twin City Lines subscription (four issues per year).
One vote for up to two adult persons in household.